About the role
The Shamrock is a well-established and market leading venue located in the heart of Mackay, boasting exceptional dining facilities, an extensive menu, a six-star gaming lounge, four-star accommodation and several busy function spaces.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and customer-focused Functions Manager to join the team. You will be responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience while managing a variety of function spaces.
To be successful in this role you must have
- Proven experience in selling and coordinating functions off all sizes
- Background and previous experience in hospitality
- Passionate about customer experience and service
- An RSA and RSG certificate
- Flexibility to work day, night and weekend shifts
- Good Time Management Skills with the ability to delegate when required.
- Be able to work individually and in a team.
- Have a flair for presentation and that special finishing touch
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the Functions team to successfully deliver events
- Ensuring our exceptional venue standards are met in regards to venue cleanliness, presentation and customer service.
- Taking functions bookings
- Administration, from booking a function through to payment and data entry
- Accounts Receivable
- Opening and closing the venue
- Cash handling and reconciling
- Accurate daily reporting
The is a full time salaried position which will involve day, night and weekend work.
Enjoy the Benefits of the Redcape Hotel Group:
- Hands on coaching, customised training and mentoring from the best in the business.
- Diverse portfolio of 28 hotels across NSW and QLD provides unparalleled growth opportunities.
- Strong company culture committed to high performance encourages passionate industry professionals to contribute their best.
- Clearly defined progression pathway.
If you believe you are an extraordinary ambassador for our culture and values, and possess the motivation and discipline that makes you exceptional in your current role, we can offer you unprecedented career opportunities and will move mountains to keep you on our team. Apply today!